Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Delightfully Spooky with Copics!

SpookyDelight1 001

I wanted to show off a couple of cards I did for the Operation Write Home.  I made almost 80 cards for Halloween and needed a nice way to color them quickly. So my solution was to “scribble” the background.  I got the scribble technique from another Angel, here she is!

Delightfully Spooky T-3348  $15.95    Set of 9

I thought this was a nice way to really show off the cute little kids, while keeping me from having to color them.  I am using the Copic ciao Set A, at this time this all I own.  I hope to get a couple more sets soon.Spookydelight2 001

The background paper is a DCWV seasonal pack I picked up.  When I was getting the cards prepped, I had used the pack to top the front of the cards.  After about 40, I was ready for different paper, but I think that is with any color palette.

So here is the technique I did for the background:

  1. Use a darker copic to lightly scribble around the image.  I made the scribbles denser around the image and then thinned it out as I got away from the image.
  2. Use the lighter color to scribble in for the spots missed near the image and to then out past the darker color.

I hope you like it!  I will be posting pictures on Friday of the box I am sending to Operation Write Home.  I have a few to pick up from other people, but right now I have 244!  YEAH!!!!

If you want more ideas with this stamp set, go to the following angels!

http://amethystcat.blogspot.com/2010/08/blog-hop-angel-art-fall-and-halloween.html

http://lisadwb-blessedbeyondmeasure.blogspot.com/2010/08/august-blog-hop.html

~trish

No comments: