I am really excited about this program. I have been scrapbooking for about 6 years and just recently gave up the paper, scissors, ink, and stamps to go digital. I was happy for the first couple of months, because being digital, gets my memories scrapbooked without much stress or time. But I soon began to miss something. The ink, the paper, the stamps, the coloring. Scrapbooking was therapeutic getting all pictures and embellishments together was stress.
So when The Angel Company found me and I knew I had to be a part of it, I had to figure out what to do. I am not a card sender, so making cards seemed fruitless. Well, that was until I discovered Operation Write Home. All of a sudden, Card making is fruitful and loving.
I am so excited about Operation Write Home that I am setting some goals for myself. I would like to eventually send 250,000 to the soldiers. I am going to start with my first goal of 1,500 by New Years Eve. But I cannot do it without help.
You can participate in Operation Write Home by holding a card making party to support deployed heroes, and this is a great opportunity for everyone to get involved. The Requirements involved are the following:
- Invite your association’s circle of friends: members, friends, and families
- Set a time and location for your event. Determine if it will be a few hours, half a day, or whole day event.
- Create a goal on the number of cards you want to create at your event
- Ask your circle of friends to bring their card making or scrapbook supplies.
- Collect donations at the event for shipping and the organization itself.
I will provide the following:
- Stamping supplies for the cards, Cricut cutting machine and cartridges to use, and paper punches
- Low cost kits for participants without supplies
- Insure all cards adhere to the Operation Write Home Requirements
- Shipping requirements
- Stamping techniques and demonstrations
- Provide a station for writing letters and cards for any soldier
I look forward to posting pictures of these events.